Monday, May 03, 2010

18 month check-up

Last Friday Caden had his 18 month appointment. He needed shots, so he wasn't too happy about that. His numbers were all good. He is 34 1/4 inches tall. If you were paying attention to his last appointment...yes, that number went down. No, we don't think that the little man shrank. It is the flawed system of put the kid on the table and mark the table above the head and below the foot as quickly as you possibly can. She measured him twice, so he was obviously mismeasured last time. His height is in the 50th percentile. He weighs 23 lbs. 21 ounces. That is the 45 percentile. And his head...I know that is what everyone wants to know about-50 centimeters. The 95 percentile. Overall he is doing very well. She (he saw the nurse practitioner) said the fact that he isn't using a lot of "real words" isn't an issue. She said there are red flags when the kids are not verbalizing at all. We definitely don't have that problem! All is good. Here is a pic of him playing in the waiting room...not realizing that shots awaited him.



Today I had my own appointment to check on the little bitty Ames. She is doing very well. My weight jumped a little more than it should have for one month, but I blame that on Ryan. He has been making awesome kettle corn every night. I told him we will have to cut that back to once a week, or maybe twice. :) As soon as I got home I got my butt on the treadmill. I am not trying to lose weight, I just want to make sure I don't gain too much. It will be that much harder to take off later.

Have a great night!

No comments: