Monday, February 22, 2010

Brookfield

You probably noticed that last week's post was just published. Well, I did write it on time, I just forgot to do the whole publishing step. I am also going back tonight and adding the pics to the skiing post finally.

Last week was pretty calm. Caden had a pretty good week. We have been working with him a lot to say real words. He "talks" constantly, but still baby babble. He can say "mama" and "dada" well enough. I would swear on everything he has also said "dog" and "all done" with meaning. Pam said that she thinks he said "ball" today when they were playing with one. I know I shouldn't be too anxious for him to talk, because I'm sure that it will definitely be a non-stop occurrence.

It is getting down to crunch time with my National Boards process. I have to have everything ready and packed to mail on the 31st of March. My hope is to be finished with it before then so I have it mailed well in advance. I am so sick of the whole thing. I have also decided that if I end up needing to redo one of the portfolios I am not going to lose sleep over it. At this point I just want it to be over! Hopefully next month at this time I will no longer be worrying about packing that stupid box!

Last weekend we headed to Brookfield Friday night because Ryan had an early meeting Saturday morning. We stayed in a very nice hotel, Brookfield Suites. We are pretty sure that it used to be an Embassy Suites. It looks just like the hotels we used to stay in when we would visit Ryan in Des Moines. Caden had a great time. The highlight of his weekend was playing with the phone in the hotel room. Don't worry...I scrubbed it down with wipes before he played with it. He carried it around with him. Here's a pic from my phone:


Saturday, since Ryan was in meetings, Caden and I headed to the mall. We walked around for a few hours. We had lunch at Subway. Caden liked the turkey sandwich:

When I could tell he was getting restless in his stroller we stopped at Barnes and Noble so that he could play with the Thomas the Train table they have with the trains. He was a very good boy. When Ryan finished up we headed back to town.

I have been reading more than I usually do. I love reading, but I feel like I never have enough time to do it. Ryan got me a Kindle for my birthday, and I successfully purchased my first book for it. I didn't ask for a Kindle; in fact, I wasn't even sure I would like one. I don't like the idea of staring at a screen. It is unbelievable! It really does look like a piece of paper. Plus the books are significantly cheaper. I bought Jillian Michael's Master Your Metabolism. I paid $9.99 for the book, and I had been looking at buying it on Amazon in print for $26. Nice savings! I started the book and I love it! It is freaking me out a little bit about all of the junk that is in the food we eat, but it is a good read. I have to admit that I purchased quite a few items in the organic section of the grocery store when I went tonight. It is amazing how much better you feel about what you are eating when you can pronounce all of the ingredients. I even found some nice organic hot dogs for Caden with no nitrates. The only drawback is that they have to be stored in the freezer because there are no preservatives. I can handle that. I may be becoming that hippy-dippy organic food person wearing tie dyed shirts soon!

I will leave you with some pics of Caden playing tonight. He is wearing his cute new pj's from Gymboree. They were a steal! I paid $5 for them, and he looks too cute!

Night!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Hi baby we love you

Diane said...

jj wants to come and play in the ball gym