Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Catching up with pics!

It seems like Christmas and New Year's flew past. We had a wonderful break. We spent from December 23rd through the 27th in Ohio. Here are some highlights from the trip:

Daddy reading Twas the Night Before Christmas Christmas Eve

Hanging out with Grammie.

Checking out Aunt Chris and Uncle Johnny's Christmas tree. I love those pajamas!

He obviously got very comfortable with Aunt Chris and Uncle Johnny.

Taking a snooze on Ampa.

Opening presents Christmas Day at Amma and Ampa's.

Caden was an excellent traveler. He was better on the way there than back, but we still can't complain. We even managed to make a pit stop at Pancho Pistoles on the way home. If you have never been there, it is a MUST stop. Yum!!!

Caden celebrated Christmas with Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Danny, and Sam when we got home on the 27th. He has more toys than I know what to do with! We may need to build onto the house just to hold the toys! Here he is with the horse he got from Danny and Sam. He thinks it is sweet.


He also loves his gear toy from Aunt Cara, Uncle Jordon, and Cousin Drew

New Year's eve was at our place like normal. The usual suspects were there: Alexis, Andrew, Nicole, Mads, Angie, Bruce, Kaiya, Danny, and Sam. We had a good time. Too much food of course. We played quite of bit of Wii. Here are the guys rocking out. The girls also played Sam and Danny's new game "Dirty Minds." It was fun. Dirty. But fun. Here is my husband looking like a fool while playing "Rock Band" on the Wii.


January 1st, 2010 marked the end of 365 Days of Caden. I started the album one year ago already. I need to put together from the beginning of November to the end. My goal is to have that caught up before Easter. I'm not setting the bar too high.


Ryan and I made a couple New Year's resolutions. The first one is to meet with a lawyer to set up our will. We have been meaning to do that for a long time, but this time we will get it done. I called a family attorney yesterday, and we have an appointment setup for Friday, January 8th at 4:20. It will be nice to put a check mark by that goal.

Our second goal is to keep working out every night. We were really good about it before the holidays, but then we kinda slipped up. We started again on Sunday, so let's hope we keep it up. Ryan also hooked up a DVD player in the basement, so now we can watch movies too.

Our third goal is to put a guest bedroom in the basement. Since we eventually plan to have a second child, we will need another room if we want to keep our playroom. The basement is the only option. I think Ryan wants to tackle this sometime in the summer. I will make sure to post pics.

I have a few other goals just for myself like trying to scrap once a month, mailing birthday cards on time (sorry all of you who received delinquent cards already this year- Andrea and Dad are part of this group...), and I'm sure there will be many more!

Ryan and I also had fun playing with Drew Saturday night when Cara and Jordon had a birthday party to attend. Caden needed a bath anyway, so we decided Drew would have fun as well. The boys were too cute!

It is hard to believe they are five months apart in age. Drew is almost as tall as Caden, and they both are wearing 18 month clothing. We had fun. Now we have a better idea of what it would be like to have twins!
_____________________________________________________________

Everything above the line I wrote at the beginning of January. Yep, I kept saying that I would update the blog, and then others things came up. I decided that if I didn't update it tonight, some of my family members would stone. (Yes, I am talking about you Aunt Diane!)

Other updates since what I wrote above:

Cara is doing much better. She still has a headache from way back, but at least it isn't as bad. Still weird that she has a constant headache.

Ryan turned 29 last Friday. We had an impromptu Game Night that night. It was fun. We played Pictionary Man. Good times. Caden and I made him a cake:


Saturday we went to Appleton and took Caden to Monkey Joe's. It is a big indoor play area for kids. It is filled with inflatables for the kids to play on. There is a special section for little ones three and under. Caden wasn't too sure at first, so I went in with him. Then he got comfortable. Here are some of the shots:







Sunday we had the Meyer clan and Cara, Jordon, and Andrew over to celebrate Ryan's birthday. Here he is blowing out the candles on his apple bars. I made him a cake on Friday, so we decided to switch it up on Sunday. Of course his papa made the bars. And yes, I know there are not enough candles. I keep forgetting that we aren't young chicks anymore. I stupidly only bought one box of candles = 20 candles. Oops!



The mommies with the kiddos.

This week is going by just as fast as any other. This semester my schedule changed a bit at school. I dropped a section of English 9, and I now have my Creative Writing class. Although it is non-stop until lunch, I love it. The kids are great in all of my classes, and the day just flies by! It will be the end of the school year before I know it.

Here are some random pics.
Caden now loves to "clean" the house. His favorite is pushing the vacuum.

Big Boy eating with a fork. He certainly knows how to open wide!

I will try to update more often.


1 comment:

Diane said...

ok so you are talking about me . that is why my ears have been ringing. you see now why i bug you is to see all of the wonderful pictures you have of caden and all of you. since we dont see you often it is nice to see pictures and where all you have been at. love Aunt Diane