Thursday, July 23, 2009

Caden's 9 month check

Today Caden saw Dr. Johnson for his 9 month check. He is doing very well. Here are a couple of pics from the visit.





The shot is always of him on the table because that is the only angle I can safely get when I take him to his appointments by myself.

Here are the stats:

Weight- 18 lbs. 10 ounces 25th percentile
Height- 29 inches 80th percentile
Head Circumference-46.8 cm 90th percentile

I was surprised that his weight is still only in the 25th percentile, but Dr. Johnson said it is good. He said he is just now following the trend. It would be abnormal for him to suddenly jump from the 25th to the 50th percentile. His height percentile jumped up 5 from the 75th percentile. And his big head has stayed the same percentile wise :)

I asked him about starting Caden on cow's milk at the end of August since I will be going back to school. I would prefer to avoid pumping at school if at all possible. He said that is perfectly safe and okay. I would still breastfeed him before school and then when I get him after I am done for the day. I still have a stock pile to get rid of from the freezer, so he should be set for awhile. I also asked Dr. Johnson for some tips to get Caden to use a sippy cup. He just doesn't like it. He hates the bottle as well. Dr. Johnson said to keep trying. I told him Caden seems to drink better out of a water bottle than he does a sippy cup. He told to go with that if I want. I don't see how to avoid a big mess with that. I will have to just be patient and keep trying the sippy cup with him every day.

Mindi texted me this AM to say that Olivia is out of the hospital. We are all pretty happy about that. She even sent me another pic. Here is little Olivia without an IV.



I did end up getting one page scrapped. Here is how it turned out:



I have a lot more to go before school starts to get Caden's scrapbook caught up! I will take some pics of his 365 Album to show for tomorrow.

I will have more time tonight to scrap since Ryan is still sick! He had a fever of 103.8 degrees. I fed him and put him to bed. I did call the doctor on call at the hospital to see if I should bring him in. He said for him to take two ibuprofen and two Tylenol every six hours until the fever is gone. He agreed with Ryan that it is probably just viral since there are no other symptoms like a sore throat. Needless to say, I didn't let Ryan touch Caden or me at all. Let's hope he is feeling better tomorrow!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I hope Ryan is feeling better soon!

Marty said...

Enjoyed the mid summer update on your family.
Hope Ryan is soon feeling better.
See you in a few weeks.
Sue V

Barby said...

Thanks! Yes, Ryan is feeling better. Thankfully.