Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Success!

The party was a success and the boys finished the deck and bar in time. I think they put the last nail in around 12:15, and the party started at 1. I was starting sweat! It looks great. Here are some pics of the end result.



Unfortunately I didn't think to take pictures during the party of people on the deck. The whole day is pretty much a blur. It did come together well. Here is a picture of Pam by her cake.


There was a great turnout. We had over 60 people here through the three hours. I will check to see if Cara took more pics. If she did I will add more later.

I put a dab of frosting on Caden's nuk to let his try it. He seemed to really like it. Just like Mommy!

The school year ended well. It still hasn't sunk in that it is summer break. I am enjoying every minute of it. Caden and I went for three walks yesterday. Two of them were by ourselves before Ryan got home from work. We went again then when Ryan got home so we could take the dogs with us.

Today Caden and I are heading to the zoo here in Oshkosh. I haven't been there...ever I think. I was going to take him to Green Bay to go to the New Zoo, but I think we might go there next week. I'm not too sure what they have here at the Oshkosh zoo, but we will check it out and get back to you.

Caden still is in his pirate smile phase. His little smile was so cute before; I hope it come back. This little sneer is cute too. He is helping Daddy work on the deck in this picture. Notice that he is holding his hammer!


There is this toy I got at a rummage sale, and Caden has been playing with it a lot this last week. He likes it because it is tall. He uses it to pull himself up to a standing position. At first it made me nervous that he would fall, but as long as he isn't close to anything it doesn't matter if he falls back. That little diaper protects the tush!


I think I may start posting a little more often to the blog. I know quite a bit of family checks in to see new pics of Caden, so I think I should update more often. I think I may start uploading the pic of the day with a little description. I could do that every couple of days. What do you think?

Have a great week!

3 comments:

The Josephs Family said...

YES! More pictures are always good! Then you can't fall behind and put off posting because it's such a daunting task! :)

Alexis said...

I love Caden's little pirate "sneer", he's just showing off his big-boy teefers! How was the zoo? Did you take any pictures?

Stephanie said...

The deck looks great! I agree with Nicole, more pictures are always good.