Monday, June 01, 2009

Running a marathon to stay caught up!

Okay...I am slipping again. Sorry. Here is what is going on!

My high school's graduation was Saturday, May 23rd. The weather was nice, very windy, but overall it was a good day. That night Ryan, Caden, and I headed to Madison with Pam and Dick. We were staying in a hotel overnight since the Madison Marathon (half for me) started the next morning at 7 am. We were happy that we got to spend a little bit of time with Cara and Drew before they left for Chicago for the weekend. Jordon was paint balling, so we only got to see him for a few minutes.

Our hotel was great. We stayed at the Courtyard in Middleton. It was the nicest hotel I've been in in a long time. Caden had a good time too. Here are some shots of him enjoying the hotel bed.





Sunday morning was early for us, since the race started at 7. I barely made it there in enough time since the traffic was so backed up. I am not going to lie...the race was rough. My last time I ran the half I did it in two hours and 25 minutes. That was without a lot of training. This time I ran it in 3 hours 15 minutes! My time was horrible, but I am just happy that I finished. I was a hurting unit for the few days following the race. Here are some pics from after the race.




After the race was over I showered and we headed to Brat fest. It was a good day.

The next week went pretty fast since it is so close to the end of the school year. It seems like a race at school to get everything in before the last day. I just have to remind myself that if I miss anything this year, they will always have next year!

I have to say a huge CONGRATULATIONS to my brother Dave and his new beautiful wife Lynn. They got married in Las Vegas on the 22nd of May. I wish that we could have been there, but I am not able to take off of work. Here are some pics from their special day. We are so happy that Lynn is part of the family!





I have been working very hard to get my Project 365 album put together. I have been taking my pics everyday, and I have been good about journaling. Now I want to actually start to put it together. That will be my goal for next week! It seems like I always have some new goal related to pictures in some way. I will end this entry for now. Here are some other cute random pics. I will post again soon!


Sitting in the cart at Best Buy like a big boy!


Looking too cute in Mommy's shades.

Playing with Aunt Alexis outside. (Yes, that is really the sky.)

No comments: