Sunday, June 07, 2009

Busy...Busy...Busy!

***Make sure you scroll down beyond this post. I have a post from last week on there now, and a video of Caden laughing too.

I did meet (kinda) my goal of getting my Project 365 album up-to-date. I will take some pics of it and show you what it looks like. I would describe it, but I think showing you would make more sense.

I have been pretty busy planning Pam's retirement party. Yay! I am still so thrilled that she is retiring. Caden is so lucky. She already said she will be taking him to story time at the public library. He is going to have so much fun. Her party is going to be June 14th at our house. We are going with the Hawaiian theme. I can't remember if I posted about this already, and I am too lazy to go back and read to see if I did. The party leads to the new exciting news at the Ames household.

Last Sunday Danny and Ryan were talking about how it would be nice to have a deck in the backyard. We joked that we shouldn't say anything to Dick about it, because then he would want to have it built in time for the retirement party (two weeks to the day). Well..Sunday night at dinner the men decided that the could build an entire deck in two weeks. Since we are talking about Ames males, we are not talking about some boring deck. Ours is even going to have a built in bar. Here is a pic of Caden helping the men with some of the measuring.



This is what the deck looked like when they marked it on Wednesday.



Thursday:




Here is a pic from Friday's progress.




Here is one from Sunday night. That's progress!



I am not nervous anymore about them finishing. I think I should be more nervous about Ryan and Dick being able to walk after the deck is finished.

Danny and Sam headed to Ohio last night. They got into Toledo around 2 am. They are staying there through Monday morning and then heading to Cincinnati. Since some people have been asking to see Sam, I will post this cute pic. Here she is holding Caden on Memorial Day at Pam and Dick's house.


Caden just adores her. He smiles like a fool when he sees her. Pretty much the same thing that Danny does when he sees her.


Next week is the last week of school. Tuesday begins the exam schedule. This will be a fast week. I am kind of sad that it is the end of the year. It hasn't seemed long at all for me since I was gone for almost three months after I had Caden. At the same time I am really excited because I am going to be able to spend all day with Caden. Yay!

I hope everyone has a great week.

Here are a few other cute pics of Caden.


Was there ever a shirt more appropriate for Ryan's son?


Here we are on the new yard toy that Ryan got for Caden. (Thanks to Linda for finding it!)


Here is the little guy taking his medicine for his ear infection. He never complained once!

2 comments:

The Josephs Family said...

HAHAHA! Love the "geek" onesie.. I wonder who could have gotten him that? :)

Also, that deck is looking AWESOME! Keep up the great work guys!

Barby said...

Someone with really good taste got that onesie for him!