Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mama!

We have had some major developments since I posted last Thursday. The biggest things are a tooth and the fact that Caden said "mama" on Sunday. Yes, he is smooth enough that he said "mama" for the first time on Mother's Day.

Saturday was pretty fun. I hit some rummage sales and found some good things for Caden. I found a few really nice, practically brand new toys, some cute clothes, and also a new bed frame for our bed. We decided we are going to take the huge head and foot boards off of our bed. They take up so much of the room. We bought a plain metal head board at WGR. The frame is connected to the head and foot board, so I found a nice one at a rummage sale for $10. Good deal!

Two things I got accomplished last weekend are finishing (finally) Drew's baby blanket and also his small car seat blanket. I made a small green for Caden that he loves. He always has it with him. I thought Drew would like one too, so I crocheted him one on Saturday. I forgot to take a picture of it. I did, however, take a picture of the baby blanket. I followed a pattern. I was nervous because I usually just wing it when it comes to blankets. It is called Tiramisu. I decided to go with mint green for the yarn and chocolate brown for the ribbon. I think it turned out pretty nice. Here it is:


Sunday was Mother's Day...and great. Ryan went overboard and got me a great scrapbooking bag and a beautiful pendant. I will have to take a picture of both to put up for you to see. The best gift that I got was when Caden said "Mama." Ryan was so excited. I think he had been working with him for a few days prior. He did a good job!

We went to brunch at Fratello's. It was very good. Here is a pic from later that afternoon of the fam:


I was also feeding Caden last weekend when I noticed he has a tooth. It is in the front on his lower jaw. I tried really hard to get a picture of it, but it is pretty much impossible to get it in a picture. Maybe if I have Ryan help me I can get it. I will try again later.

We are getting to the end of the school year. I can always tell the end is near when I start the Romeo and Juliet unit. It is a fun unit to teach and the kids really like it. The rest of the year is just going to fly!

I am still working on finding someone for next year for one day a week, Wednesday. I tried one local place, but they have a three day minimum. I will have to try to figure that out sometime soon.

Still no news about what I am doing next year. I am waiting for the meeting still. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I don't get hosed. At least I'm not too worried. If it is going to be too much of a salary drop, I just will stay full time. Since Caden will be with Grandma most of the week that doesn't worry me.

Saturday is the big day! I graduate at 2 pm. I am pretty excitedwebsite.. If you would like to view the graduation (which I'm sure you would) you can go to this You can see a live webcast
http://live.uwosh.edu/commencement Don't forget that if you are in Toledo, the ceremony will begin at 3 pm. I will make sure that plenty of pictures are taken.

I hope you all have a great rest of your week!

Here are a couple random cute pics!


Taking a snooze in his new kicks

Enjoying the sun with Sassy

No comments: