Monday, May 04, 2009

Finally

I am back now. As you can see, I did go back and fill in the missing pictures. It is amazing how hard it is to get caught up when you get behind on a blog! Whew!

Last week was a pretty good week. Caden had his 6 month check up on Tuesday. Pam went with us, so that made things easier. Here he is on the table waiting for the doctor to come in to see him:


He is 15 pounds and 13 ounces. Still only the 25th percentile for weight, but Dr. Johnson said that is fine. In fact he used the word "perfect" to describe him. I guess I'm not the only one who feels that way. :) He also gave us the okay for pretty much all food (baby) for Caden. He is now eating stage 2 food, which is the same as stage 1 got more. He has been eating the little puffs as well. I guess gumming is the better word. He still isn't too sure about them. He also is trying to use a sippy cup as well. Here is a picture with Ryan trying to get him to get a hit of apple juice off of it to get him going:


In other Caden news, he said his first word on Saturday. Danny and I were witnesses. He said, "Da Da" as clear as could be. We both looked at each other. Unfortunately Ryan was not in the car with us to witness it. It was cute. I'm sure he will be saying that again and many other words soon.

I got Spring fever yesterday and actually planted some flowers. I'm sure that will come back to bite me when we got a frost, but I figured as long as I had the time I was going to do it. I will take some pics to put up as soon as all of them are in. I think I can just cover them with towels if the temperature is supposed to drop too low. Here is Caden helping up pick out some flowers.:


Well, not actually helping that much.

I am supposed to meet with the union president and the Uniserv director this week or next to discuss what I am doing next year. Even though Pam is retiring (Did I mention that? :) ) I still think I want to drop below full time to have more time with Caden. Ending the day at 1:30 I believe will put me at 75%. I need to see what that means exactly as far as salary and benefits. I will keep you posted.

This past weekend was just beautiful in Oshkosh. Yesterday was 70 degrees. Of course we went for a walk with Caden and the dogs. I know Caden likes getting to go outside and not being all bundled up. Let's hope the nice weather stays!

Ryan and I are trying to figure out if we want to get anything for the backyard for Caden this summer. We don't know if we want to get a sandbox, a little swingset... There are too many choices. Any suggestions? Oh, and we don't want to have to rob a bank to keep the little guy happy.

It is getting down to crunch time before graduation. Well, since I have everything done and turned in already, and I guess it is more like waiting time. May 16th will be here before I know it. I am very excited. My Dad, Andrea, and Stephanie may even come for it. Dad is still checking to see if it is possible to come. I am looking forward to it. I didn't realize how much of my time it really took up until I wasn't spending the time on it! Yay!

Here are some other random cute pics


Looking too cute in his hat


Sick of winter...but still smiling!

No comments: