Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Last Days of Grandma's Visit and Winterfest

It is very sad that Grandma is leaving on Saturday. It has been great having her here. Caden, Danny, and I are driving down to Chicago with her Saturday so she can catch the MegaBus. I need to buy that ticket tomorrow.

Caden starts in daycare next week. I haven't worried about Caden at all since I've been back at school because he's been with Grandma. I know he will be fine next week, but it is still going to be hard. When I went to see Jeanette today (she will be watching him a couple times a week) I was upset after. She seems very nice, and I know Andrew and Nicole are very happy with her, but she still isn't Grandma. I think I was upset because there were three other kids there. I know Caden will have to just cry sometimes. I know it is "good" for him, but it still bothers me. I've cried more today than I have in a long time. I'm not nervous about when he will be with Nicole and Mads, because I know what a doting mother Nicole is. The only thing I will have to worry about is Caden getting too much love :) Just look how great she is with him.


It is just going to be hard. Linda (Ryan's aunt) did tell me tonight that she wants Caden once a week, so I think I will take her up on that offer. Caden will be the only one she'll have.

On to something else! This week is Winterfest as school. Students are on teams competing in a bunch of different activities, and dressing up differently each day this week. The students get bonus points if they have a teacher or faculty member on their team. I am on a freshman boy team. It is interesting! Yesterday's dress up was red, pink or white; today's was jersey and hat; tomorrow's is long underwear and shorts; Thursday is gender switch; and Friday is team shirt day. We have different activities like log toss, lifesaver pass, potato sack race... Tomorrow will have pool events. Needless to say I will not be wearing a bathing suit in front of my students. I will be tossing a football I guess. We'll see! I will have to update you and tell you how my team, Half a Leaf, does. Don't ask about the name...I'm not even sure. It has been pretty fun. I will hopefully get some copies of some of the pics!

I have determined that my drooling little boy is teething. He now has a little rash on his face, which I've heard babies develop when they are teething. He is still pulling everything into his mouth as well. I wonder when he will pop the first tooth???


Notice the nice drop of drool on the bottom lip!


I had a very nice birthday. Even though Ryan and I decided that he wouldn't get me a birthday present since he got me an elliptical for Christmas, he still got me something. He got me Guitar Hero: Rock Band. It is awesome! It is very addicting. I tried it in Best Buy with Danny and I had to have it! I usually play the guitar, Danny the bass, and Ryan on drums. I haven' t been able to talk Grandma into joining the band. I'll just have to keep working on her.

I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: