Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Better Late Than Never

So I'm slipping again with the posting... Oops! Not too much happened last week. Grandma is still visiting and taking care of Caden during the day. I feel bad though. She not only watches Caden, she does the laundry, and usually cooks dinner. I don't know what I will do when she leaves. She is also knitting me a scarf right now for my new coat. Thank God for grandmas!

Caden is getting bigger of course. Ryan weighed him last week and he was 14 pounds! He is pretty long, so he's not too chunky. He moved up to the next size diaper. He also is a lot stronger. When he goes in the exersaucer he can stand up and he moves himself around. Don't worry about the exersaucer; we only let him stay in it for about five to ten minutes. I don't think he will be scarred for life.

I was also wondering when to start him with some cereal. I read a lot online and saw that most doctors recommend waiting until they are six months old. He has an appointment March 2nd, so I think I will talk with the doctor then. He seems to be doing fine, so I guess there is no reason to rock the boat.

We received really exciting news about our good friends Glen and Liz. We already knew that Liz was pregnant and due around the 4th of July. Well, at her last appointment they found out that they are having twins! Completely unexpected. Twins do not run on either side of the family. We are so happy for both of them. We are trying to send positive thoughts her way so that she doesn't end up on bed rest the rest of the pregnancy.

Yesterday I met with the man from Uniserv about next school year. They are getting some numbers for me as far as how much we would pay for insurance and so on. I plan to make my decision about next year in the next couple of weeks. I just need to see the numbers.

The Pacifica went into the shop today. It needed and oil change plus the front bumper basically fell off. Ryan bumped a car in the church parking lot a month ago, and the bumper has been loose ever since. Yesterday it finally came down to the ground. I was in the parking lot of Hobby Lobby when it came off. Ryan and Danny met me there to rig it up enough to get it to the shop. The weird part is that I had already scheduled the appointment. The scary thing that happened is that while I was waiting for the guys to get me a man came up and offered me a ride home. He also said if I wanted I could go with him to his house to get the tools to fix the car and he would bring me back to fix it. I'm so sure! I think that is the way almost every episode of "Law and Order" starts. Needless to say I didn't get into the car. I went back into the Pacifica and locked the door.

Here are some pics from the last week!


Here is Ryan thinking he is pretty funny pretending to feed Caden french fries.

Dude! The exersaucer is the coolest thing in the world!!!!!!!!!!

Daddy is pretty funny!