Monday, February 02, 2009

Back to School...Busy Times

I am trying to make good on my promise to update on Monday. A lot has happened since the last post. Where to begin...
First I need to tie up the whole Danny and Tahja picture. I have been promising to post a picture of her, and I am going to finally post it. This is a picture from the office Ugly Sweater Holiday party:



As of now they are just friends. Danny has a couple of other prospects. Nothing to report yet, but he had coffee with another young lady this weekend and he is having lunch with someone else tomorrow. Hmmm.....
Last Monday Caden and I went to Chicago and picked up Grandma. We made it back into town around 6:30 pm. Grandma started her nannying (Is that a word?) the next day when I went back to school. It's nice that she came to visit a couple weeks after Caden was born because she already knows where everything is.
My first day back went well. It felt like it was the first day after summer break. The big difference was that it was colder than heck. The kids were happy to see me. My favorite was when one boy walked in, saw me, and said, "Thank God you are back!" It made me feel good. I only called home once at lunch to check on Grandma and Caden. Of course everything was fine.
The rest of the week I worked on getting things ready for Cara's baby shower and Caden's baptism. Cara's shower was on Saturday, and Caden's baptism on Sunday. I needed to make the name tags and thank you notes for the shower. I used the Cricut! I am so glad Grandma is here because she helped a lot. She made potato soup, tabbouleh, and cottage cheese salad. She had it all made before I even got home from school! It was nice. Not to mention the house smelled great. Alexis also helped a lot. She came over Friday night and made a big pasta salad. She also got the ingredients to make her mom's punch for the shower. It saved me a lot of time.
The shower went very well. I will have to get some pictures from my camera up to show everyone. The food was great and I think everyone had a good time.
The baptism went very well on Sunday. Caden was so funny. He stared at Barry, the pastor, the entire time he was talking. It looked like he was taking it all in. Here are some pics:










He was a very good boy. The family came over after church and we had brunch. We had a ham, bagels, and quite a bit of other food. Caden got so many nice things for his baptism. Some of the neat things he got were: a framed picture of him in his baptismal outfit in a beautiful frame from Uncle Dave and Aunt Lynn, and silver rattle from Peru from Aunt Cara and Uncle Jordon, some great books including a signing book from Aunt Alexis, a silver spoon, fork and sippy cup from Aunt Linda and Uncle Jay, a gorgeous engraved photo album from Aunt Lisa and Uncle Wayne, and quite a few other things. He is a very loved little boy! It was a very big weekend.

I received a good piece of news from the union president, Sue, today. The Uniserv director told Sue he thinks I will be able to keep all of my classes next year like I want. So I will teach five classes, have one prep period, and end my day at 1:30. I am very excited! It is not set in stone yet, but we are pretty sure it is going to work.

Here is a picture of Caden and me watching "Chuck" with our 3D glasses. We weren't too impressed with the 3D glasses, but Caden still looks pretty cute!


2 comments:

The Josephs Family said...

Our kids are going to hate us. Mads had to wear the 3D glasses too!

Sounds like you had a nice weekend. I'm curious, though, why does Ryan look really pissed about that picture frame? ;)

Barby said...

Not pissed. That is his "nice" with a head shake face.