Sunday, January 25, 2009

Already slacking...Here Comes Grandma!

I'm starting to slip!!! I need to remember my resolution to keep this blog updated. I think I will do what Nicole does, and I will update every Monday. So I guess that means I will be posting again tomorrow. First I will get you up to speed.

I will be adding some pics tomorrow to cover the last week and a half. Saturday, January 17th we had the office holiday party at our house. There was an ugly sweater contest, and there were some pretty ugly sweaters. I went to Goodwill and got some sweaters for Ryan and me to wear. (Yes, me is correct in this sentence.) Danny's "friend" Tahja came as well. I will add a picture tomorrow. I'm not sure if they are technically dating, that's why I didn't put girlfriend. I try not to pry. She sure is here a lot for someone who is not dating him... I will keep you updated about this drama.

Caden was passed from person to person for most of the night. He did a great job. He even took a snooze with his grandpa.

The following week was a little sad for me, as it was my last full week at home with Caden. I tried to enjoy every minute with him. It ended up being a very cold week. In fact, all of the schools in the area were closed both Thursday and Friday. It is nice for me when school is closed, because those days do not come out of my maternity leave days since I wouldnt' be at school anyway. So I ended up with four extra days! Yay!

On Friday Ryan and I met the woman who will be taking care of Caden when Nicole is working. Did I explain that Nicole will be watching Caden? If not I will detail that later. Just add a comment if I didn't. Anyway... Jeanette is very nice and her place couldn't be in a more convenient location for me. She is honestly about a minute and a half from the high school. She takes care of Nicole and Andrew's little Mads, so I know she does a good job. We were impressed by how organized she was. It is a weight off of my chest knowing that Caden will be taken care of by a competent person.

I had a Master's class on Saturday. I only have three left! I graduate on May 16th, and yes I am starting to count the days. It will nice to have all of my Saturdays free again. After my class ended Ryan, Danny and I ran some errands. When I got home I spent the evening making Thank You cards for Cara to use. Once I finally figured out how to get the Cricut to cut the correct size it wasn't too bad. The shower is next Saturday so it is crunch time.

Today I worked on my final projects for my Master's program. The end is near! My goal was to complete all of the work before I go back to school, but I don't think I am going to hit that goal. I will definitely be able to finish this week.

The great news is that Grandma is coming tomorrow. Caden and I are going to Chicago to get her from Union Station. She will be staying with us until February 21st. She is riding the Megabus. I am so happy she is coming. It is going to be very hard for me to leave Caden on Tuesday to go to work, but knowing that he is with Grandma makes me feel better. I'm pretty sure I will still cry. :-(

Next year will be better. I have already talked with my principal, and I will not be full time next year. We still have to work out the details, but I will end my day at either 12:30 or 1:30 at the latest. I am excited because I feel that this will give me the best of both worlds. I think I am very lucky. I will update when I get the details about this arrangement. I am happy that my district is willing to work with me.

1 comment:

The Josephs Family said...

Love the new Valentine's backdrop!! :)