Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Hello! I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day. Mine was pretty eventful.

It started with the first dress rehearsal. We were supposed to have around 20 people from different retirement homes, but of course the weather didn't cooperate. We got nailed with a storm. Since a lot of the residents are in wheelchairs there were only 4 people in the audience. Whoopee! The kids did okay; I hope they do better tomorrow. We have a school performance at 9 am and the evening one at 7 pm. They have two on Saturday: 2 pm and 7 pm. Then I am freeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Shorty after the dress rehearsal ended I found out that we were getting out of school 2 hours early. The snow that was originally supposed to be north of Ripon ended up moving south. Instead of 2 inches we got 10.1 inches. Oops! There is a strong chance we will have a 2 hour delay tomorrow because of the blowing snow. It is the really powdery kind that easily creates white out conditions. We will still have the school performance, it will just be a little later. Instead of 20-25 minutes to get home, it took me over 50 minutes. It was a scary drive. My hands hurt by the time I finally got home. My friend from school who also lives in Oshkosh turned back and stayed over night at a friend's in Ripon.

Back to Valentine's Day...Ryan surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers when he got home. It was very nice. They are the biggest roses I think I have every seen. Of course we agreed on no gifts, but of course I'm not mad.

I will try to update again soon. After Saturday night I will have a lot more time on my hands!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday!! :)

Barb Ames said...

Thank you for the birthday well wishes! It has definitely been a crazy one!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday!

With all of the extra time, you should come south and visit ;)