Friday, February 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me...a little late!

I am really looking forward to dinner tonight. We (Pam, Dick, Chris, Linda, Jay, Andrew, Nicole, Maddie, Ryan, and I) are going to HuHot Mongolian Grill. I love it there! We were supposed to go last Sunday to celebrate my birthday and the end of the musical, but since we got nailed with the snow storm none of us ended up leaving the house.

Tomorrow I have a conference in Appleton from 8 am to 5 pm. It is about mentoring new teachers. I figured it would be a good opportunity for me to stick another feather in my cap. You can never have too many things on your resume just in case. Hopefully I will never leave Ripon though. The best part is the I am getting reimbursed for the registration and they are paying for me to stay the night at the Radisson tomorrow night. Ryan and I are treating it like a mini-vacation. Sassy and Bentley will be staying with Grandma and Grandpa. It will be nice to get away, even if it is only for one night.

We had conferences last night at school until 8 pm. I think I had the record amount of parents at 11. Needless to say, it was along night. Ryan ordered Chinese for dinner, so that was nice treat for when I got home. Gotta love those Crab Rangoons!

I am still hear good things about the musical. The newspaper came out yesterday in Ripon, and no bad press. I am shocked there wasn't a letter to the editor about the song "The American Way." Pleasantly surprised I should say. I got a nice thank you from someone in Sparta, WI who came to see the musical and thought it was great. That was very nice of him to take the time to hand write the thank you. It seems like we don't send those out enough these days.

Ryan has been interviewing at the office for a new medical receptionist. It is always entertaining to hear how the interviews go. I had fun helping him look through the resumes. I felt like I needed to get out a pen to correct their grammar. One person even had the word references misspelled. That resume did not make it to the keeper pile. He knew exactly what he was looking for, and he thinks he may have found her yesterday. We will have to wait and see how today's people pan out.

I checked Weather.com this morning for Ripon and saw that there is already a Weather Advisory for next Monday night into Tuesday. Just what we need...more snow. The snow is so high already that every time Ryan uses the snow thrower it can't get high enough so it just shoots right back down. Sassy of course is loving this. She is in her element. Bentley just seems to enjoy running across the yard and forming perfect X's. I am hoping the forecast is wrong! Mom, you don't need to tell me again that it is cool in Florida too because it got down to 60 degrees. I would be happy for 20 right now!

Danny is still planning to move to Oshkosh in the middle of the summer, maybe July. We are going to start stockpiling food now. Just kidding Danny! We are looking forward to it. No other news about that. I have no other love update about Danny either. Since he is moving out of state I think he has decided to stop pursuing who I was originally talking about. We will just have to find him a nice Wisconsin girl!

Thank you to everyone who sent me the birthday cards. I am still behind in everything, so I haven't sent out any Thank Yous yet. I especially loved the cards that had the music. They always make me laugh. Mindi sent me a really funny one. It had a sound clip from "I Love Lucy."

Now that the musical is done I will try to update more often. No, I didn't forget about adding the pics. I will get there! I promise!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Your last post is a birthday post... we could all use an update!!